Priory was first a Benedictine Priory dedicated to St. Mary until its lands were sold to the Fleetwood family at a price of £3,088. The Fleetwood family then built a mansion in its place which became known as Penwortham Priory and lived there until 1749. The Rawstorne family lived at the Priory from 1783 until it was demolished in 1925.
It became a victim of the 1920's expansion of Penwortham when it was demolished to make way for housing. The school was built in the 1950's for the local community on the land that once housed the majestic mansion house and its grounds. It sits peacefully in its tranquil, leafy surroundings, continuing to proudly serve the communities of Preston.