Online catering pre-order system update
2 November 2020
VeriCool is Priory's new online catering pre-order system which allows parents, pupils and staff to pre-order break and lunchtime food and drink and have them delivered to their year group bubbles.
We would like to thank you all for your continued patience and understanding during VeriCool's teething period and for your response to our recent survey. This system is still very new and was developed rapidly in order to support government guidelines during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We have listened to your views and taken into account your comments from the survey and fed this back to VeriCool's developers.
You'll be pleased to know that you can now access the portal from most mobile phones and tablets as well as any PC / laptop although you must do this via a web browser until the app becomes available. Go to https://penworthampreorder.swift-order.co.uk. This means specifically that students can log in to their account whilst on the move and select food items as before. Pupils will still be able to use computers in school at break and lunch to place orders via the system.
In response to feedback received on the range of food/drink available, we can also announce a new menu with effect from 2 November - see below for a preview.
As a school, we have now the facility to block out holidays and INSET days to prevent students ordering when the school is closed.
An updated user guide and FAQs, along with a talk-through video on how to set up an account and navigate pre-ordering are available from the school website at >> www.priory.lancs.sch.uk/parents/online-catering-orders
Development of the system is ongoing and new features will become live over time.
If you have any queries or need a reminder of your set up code or login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In our survey you said:
- You thanked staff for their support with the new system and praised the catering team for adapting to the change of working.
- 82% of you said you had no issues accessing any of the features however 18% of you did and said you had received support
- You wanted access to the system on a phone/app.
- You wanted to be able to see what you had ordered after you had placed it.
- You wanted more food options and a rotating menu. You also wanted a choice of food items that were more filling and warmer, especially as we approach winter.
- You wanted wider choice of drinks.
- You wanted to be able to edit or cancel an order.
- You wanted a clear view of your balance or free school meal allowance.
- You liked our jacket potatoes!
- Those of you with dietary needs want more information about menu items.