Welcome to the pupils area for the new Penwortham Priory Academy website.
We are delighted that you are a student at Priory and within the pupil area and the remainder of the website we hope you will be able to find all of the information that you need.
Being a student at Priory will open the door to new challenges and enrichment opportunities. You will also have the opportunity to learn in an environment that advances learning, aims for excellence through accepting responsibility, displaying respect and nurtures the individual.
All Priory Pupils are expected to be:
- Engaged with learning and the school
- Responsible for their learning and behaviour
- Independent and have control over their own learning
- Mature and respectful in their relationships with staff and peers
- Able to contribute ideas and opinions about every aspect of school life
- Confident and well prepared for the challenges of the 21st century
In other words, we expect all our pupils to uphold the 'Priory Standard'.
To help with this, our school day is designed to develop our pupils’ value set:
- We are ready for excellence
- We have the right Character for excellence
- We have the right attitude to Learning for Excellence (by upholding our ‘Attitude to learning in Lessons Charter)
This gives us our school Culture.
The below documents outline what this means for our pupils in more detail