Welcome to the Penwortham Priory Governors' page.
The Chair of Governors is Dr Phil Range who can be contacted via school.
The Clerk to the Governors is Mrs Sue Spencer who can be contacted at school.
The three core functions of the Governing Body are to ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction, hold the Executive Leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff, and oversee the financial performance of the school, making sure money is well spent.
School governors are all volunteers and are drawn from different parts of the community. Governors exist to challenge and support the school in a proportionate, fair manner on behalf of all children and families.
1. The Governing Body consists of: up to 6 community governors, up to 3 co-opted governors, 4 parent governors and up to 3 staff governors.
2. Periods of office are held for 4 years.
3. The Governing Body at Priory delegates certain responsibilities to two committees: The Resources, Audit and Risk Committee who meet 4 times a year (once to consider the budget), and the Curriculum & Standards Committee who meet 3 times a year.
4. All committee meeting minutes are submitted to the Full Governing Body meeting.
5. There are 3 Full Governors' meetings per year.
6. The current Chair of Governors is Dr Phil Range and the Vice Chair is Stephen Grafton.
7. The Chair of the Resources, Audit and Risk Committee is Stephen Grafton and Vice Chair is to be appointed.
8. The Chair of the Curriculum & Standards Committee is Dr Phil Range and the Vice Chair is Mr Peter Faulkner.
9. The staff governor(s) represent staff views and report back to colleagues as/when appropriate. The current staff governors are Mrs Cheryl Barker, Mrs Elle Diamond-Bugler, Mr Peter Faulkner and Mrs Alex Willis who is an Associate Governor.
10. The Governing Body has oversight of all school policies.
11. The Headteacher will have regular, routine meetings with the Chair of Governors. The Chair should never receive any 'surprise' information without first having been informed by the Headteacher.
12. The Academy Trust meets 3 times a year, one meeting being its Annual General Meeting.
Copies of Governor meeting agendas and minutes are available upon request by contacting the Clerk to the Governors, Mrs Sue Spencer.
If you would like to contact any member of the Governing Body please do so via the Clerk to Governors.
Dr Phil Range has stepped up into the Chair of Governors role at Priory, replacing the long-standing Kevin Burke.
Headteacher Mr Eastham had his official photograph taken with the new senior prefect team as they all promised to make Priory ‘an even better place' to learn.